We've taken the sad decision to close Pledge.
Since launch, we have directly supported 307 people who are either homeless or unemployed.
What we've done:
- Donated toiletries to two local charities who support people in the city center. This included hats and gloves, toothpaste, sanitary products, enough for 100 people.
- 30 Sets of gloves and socks donated to a local charity who offer food and drink in the evenings.
- Bought a basic mobile phone for a young homeless teenager who was homeless and looking to start college.
- Signposted a young woman who was recently homeless to local services and monitored progress
- Donated four beds to A Bed Every Night
- Mentored, provided advice, coaching to over 30 people throughout Greater Manchester who were unemployed or at risk of becoming homeless.
2020 was a real tough year, and being a small charity we struggled with the impacts of Covid-19 and the lack of donations from the public. The decision to close wasn't taken lightly, but we realise that without income we can't help the local people we were setup to help.
To to all our supporters, volunteers who helped us help so many people.